At United Hebrew, we welcome everyone and pride ourselves on our intimacy and warmth. We offer a variety of traditional and family oriented services to meet the needs and interests of a diverse, multi-generational community. To fill out a Membership Application, click here.
Through prayer, song, study, social action, and interaction United Hebrew offers members opportunities to attend services that are both comfortable and deeply spiritual. We welcome prospective members to attend one of our services and to meet Rabbi Rosenberg as well as Rabbi Shapiro and Cantor Eichaker and our congregants to get a true feel for our community.
Benefits of Membership
United Hebrew members enjoy many benefits and we hope you will join our congregation and be a part of our progressive and engaging community. A few benefits of membership include:
- A home to develop your spiritual self
- Clergy officiants for life cycle events (e.g., wedding, baby naming, conversion, funeral)
- Access to the Rabbis and Cantor
- Educational and worship opportunities that are enlightening and interactive
- Enrollment in religious, Hebrew and Chai schools as well as bar/bat mitzvah preparation for children and teens
- Opportunites for building connections and networking with other congregants
- Informal and formal social opportunities
- Vibrant youth community
- Free membership (or a voluntary donation) for adults under age 30
- Reduced tuition in our full-day year-round Saul Spielberg Early Childhood Center
At United Hebrew all members are asked to make an annual financial commitment to support the congregation. Membership rates are published each calendar year and include:
- Special membership rates for young adults/families
- Adults who are younger than 30 years of age are welcome to join the congregation for a voluntary annual donation, or at no charge
- The annual commitment for members between the ages of 30-39 starts at a low annual rate and increases each successive year in small increments to ease the impact of the change on your budget
- Special membership rates for single adults and single-parent families
- United Hebrew is firmly committed to keeping membership accessible to everyone. No one is denied membership due to financial circumstances.
Each year United Hebrew members are asked to complete a Membership Commitment Form with convenient automatic payment options. This enables you to tailor payments to your budget, while allowing the congregation to meet vital revenue targets to maintain organizational stability. We would appreciate your returned form by January 17, 2017.
For more information about becoming a United Hebrew member or to have a private conversation about tailoring your membership commitment to align with your financial situation, please contact Lexie Goldsmith, Director of Membership and Engagement.