Formal Jewish Education
The formal youth education program at United Hebrew Congregation encompasses religious and Hebrew education. Our curriculum, combined with the care and expertise of wonderful faculty members, strives to give each child a solid foundation of Jewish knowledge within a Reform Jewish perspective, the opportunity to develop their personal beliefs and connections to their faith, and the understanding that Jewish teachings and values can apply to every aspect of their daily life. Through stimulating academic lessons, hands-on experiences, and community-building activities, we offer an educational program that will lead our students into a lifetime of Jewish learning and living.
Elementary Religious Education
- Kindergarten – 5th grade
- Sunday Sessions
- 9:00–11:00 a.m.
- 20 faculty members and specialists
- Specialties include: Art, Cooking, Hebrew and Music
- Family Education Programs and Experiences
Secondary Religious Education
- 6th – 12th Grade (Confirmation in 10th grade)
- First Friday of the month from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. includes Shabbat service and class time after the service
- Two Sundays per month – one session in the classroom and one special event