Why Partnership (Membership)?
Our partnership levels provide you with a personalized Jewish experience within a community that is committed to Jewish learning, engaging experiences, and meaningful relationships. Your investment opens doors for your family to experience exciting events as part of a warm, inspiring, and musical community. United Hebrew is not a building; it is the individuals and families in our community that make up who we are. We are all partners in this congregation, working together to share worship experiences, provide meaningful Jewish education to our youth and adults, maintain our legacy, and be there for one another—no matter where we are on our Jewish journey.
Benefits of Partnership
The “Basic” or newly defined “Partner” Level of membership applies to in-person and online access to the congregation through connections with clergy, staff, and a caring community. This is the minimum level of commitment required for enrolling elementary through high school-age children in UH Religious/Hebrew schools. Note: School tuition and fees are an additional cost.
The annual commitment for Partnership includes:
- All worship services, holiday celebrations and High Holy Days services.
- Access to all Clergy for pastoral care and life cycle events such as weddings, baby namings and funerals.
- B’nai mitzvah preparation for enrolled students in religious/Hebrew school.
- Youth Groups enrollment for K-12 at no additional charge (excludes travel & off-site event expenses).
- Discounted tuition rates in the Saul Spielberg Early Childhood Center (SSECC) for children Pre-K and younger.
- Access to all age-appropriate educational, social, and cultural programming, at no additional charge, or at member rates when applicable.
- All congregational communications including HaMakor bulletins, electronic and mailed correspondence.
What does it cost?
Your annual commitment is United Hebrew’s primary source of revenue. It pays for our clergy and staff salaries, portions of youth and adult education, daily operating expenses, care for our building and underwrites all of our worship and many of our programs.
- The annual commitment for members between the ages of 39 and under starts at a low annual rate and increases each successive year in small increments to ease the impact of the change on your budget
- Special partnership rates for single adults and single-parent families
- Your Partnership Commitment may qualify as a charitable deduction for federal tax purposes. Please consult your tax advisor for additional information.
Please Note: No one is turned away for inability to afford the annual Partnership commitment due to financial hardship. Our staff works with all individuals and families who request assistance to make United Hebrew partnership affordable for all.
Visit our Scroll of Honor page if you are interested in increasing your Partnership Commitment to ensure United Hebrew’s vibrant future for generations to come.
For more information about becoming a United Hebrew member or to have a private conversation about tailoring your partnership commitment to align with your financial situation, please contact Elayne Grossberg.