Many area children rely on free or reduced cost meals at school for their breakfast and lunch. For those children, weekends are often filled with hunger as their families struggle to provide meals for them. United Hebrew has partnered with Hanna Woods Elementary School in the Parkway School District since 2014 to help provide weekend meals families.
Thank you to everyone who has donated food and their time to this special project.
How YOU can help:
- Make a monetary donation to help purchase food.
- Donate food items such as the ones listed below. All items should be non-perishable, easy to open that are ready to eat so there is no “cooking” involved.
- 100% juice
- non-refrigerated milk/chocolate milk boxes
- Oatmeal (box with individual packages)
- Single serve boxes of cereal
- Canned soups and chili and pasta with meat
- Canned vegetables
- Apple sauce and fruit cups
- Individual bags of goldfish, pretzels or other snack items
- Pudding cups
- Granola bars
- Fruit snacks
- Chicken and tuna kits or pouches
- Pasta with meat
Please bring donations to UH and put in one of the large red bins in the chapel lobby. Please contact Sari Levy with your questions at 314-434-3404.
Do you crochet or knit? Our UH members create healing blankets that our clergy send to or deliver to congregants in need of healing. You can either make them at home or we have a group that gathers on Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m. in the Kaplansky Center to socialize and knit/crochet together. We even have someone who can teach you to crochet. You can view a few lessons here.